Friday, January 04, 2008

classic (old) must-see movies

in celebration of the new year, I made a resolution to escape into a cocoon of self-improvement and develop my historical cultural awareness by spending 2008 in front of my warm 42" plasma watching these classic films:

Bogart:

1. To Have and Have Not
2. Casablanca
3. The Maltese Falcon
4. The Big Sleep
5. High Sierra

Film Noir:

6. Asphalt Jungle
7. Touch of Evil
8. The Third Man
9. L.A. Confidential

Cary Grant:
10. Notorious
11. The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer
12. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
13. My Favorite Wife
14. North by Northwest

Sci-Fi:
15. Forbidden Planet
16. The Day the Earth Stood Still

actually these flicks are recommendations my brother-in-law gave me last week and I needed a convenient place to post the list (43things is not my thing anymore).

7 comments:

Emma Sometimes said...

ohhh, ohhh, good picks for the flicks.

I recommend listal.com for listing ones you want to see (and own, and want to own). I'm under Beehouse.

Doozie said...

I'm a movietard, so in other words I've probably never seen any of those, I am ashamed

Cooper said...

"Notorious" and "North by Northwest"for sure, actually anything Hitchcock, I'm a Hitchcock fanatic.

I'm also fond of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", Betty Davis is awesomely crazy evil.

I've seen all the Bogart. Never seen either of those sci-fi's. I'll have to check out the rest.



I'm not sure but Cary Grant doesn't really do much for me.

tomawesome said...

Emma: thx for the recommendation - I'll check it out. yer always so good with that kind of thing.

Dooz: don't be ashamed, I've only seen a few meself. we'll see how many I actually get around to... first is "To Have and Have Not" -- I want to see that scene where she says "You know how to whistle, don't you? Just put your lips together and blow.".

Coop: you already are quite culturally literate. agreed on Bette evilishness along w/her pal Joan "no wire hangars, ever!" Crawford. gotta know this stuff peeps!

aika said...

I love watching movies but I'm not into classical. Most of these movies aired before I was born. But I heard Casablanca is a great dramatic movie.

Doozie said...

ummmmmmmm



put your lips together and blow? that is very naughty

Anonymous said...

酒店兼差

酒店打工

酒店經紀

酒店小姐

酒店兼職

酒店上班

禮服店

假日打工

台北酒店經紀

童裝批發

童裝批發

童裝

童裝

酒店喝酒

暑假打工

寒假打工

酒店

酒店經紀人

酒店現領